Investing In Tanzania’s Future Energy Leaders
3rd National University Essay Contest
Ministerial, Governmental & Industry Speakers
dmg events and Ocean Business Partners are proud to support the educational sector of Tanzania by inviting leading universities with engineering programmes to participate and share opinions with governments and operators.
The need for Tanzanian professionals in the areas of engineering, geology and natural resource exploration, extraction, production and development is becoming very important for the sustainable development of Tanzania’s economy, and therefore more universities are being urged to open related academic programmes.
Congratulations to 2019 winner:
Mr. Lugeyhuma Muhumuliza, from Ardhi University.
Rules For The University Essay Contest
- Each participant should choose one of the themes below:
- How can the public and private sector partner to build capacity, transfer knowledge and develop a skilled workforce? Which examples can be used?
- How to strike a balance between exploring hydrocarbons and ensuring a cleaner future for all Tanzanians?
- What role will the gas & LNG projects play in Tanzania’s economic diversification and industrialisation
- The essay should have no more than 1500 words
- The essay should include:
- Introduction:Indication of the main topics for the essay
- Development of concepts:Argument development and bibliography
- Conclusion:final ideas and essay wrap up
- The essays should be sent, together with proof of university enrolment, to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday 1st June 2022
- The essays which comply with the contest rules will be evaluated by the jury committee:
- dmg events
- Ocean Business Partners
- The winner and two runners' up of the contest will be announced through the Tanzania Energy Congress webpage
- Award: The author of the winning essay will have the opportunity to participate at the Tanzania Energy Congress and will also receive a tablet
Requirements For Participation
- Participation in the contest is reserved for university students enrolled in a Tanzanian University only
- The winner will be selected based on their merit and quality of the essay by a jury committee of dmg events and Ocean Business Partners
- The prize cannot be exchanged, given in monies or in kind
- The essay should be prepared individually and comply with all the aforementioned contest rules
- Essays should be presented in a Word Document format, Arial Font, size 12 with double spacing. The sheet upper, lower, left and right margins should not exceed 2.5cm